Welcome to HD Global Trading’s customer support page
HD Global is the only authorized service and repair agent for Profoto products in Southern Africa. We also repair and service a range of other brands within the photographic and electronic industry. Our highly trained technicians ensure the highest level of workmanship and quality parts to be used on all equipment serviced by us. We carry a comprehensive range of spare parts to ensure quick turnaround times for all Profoto repairs and service related issues.
Profoto Warrantee terms:
The standard consumer warrantee for Profoto products is 2- years from date of purchase provided its been bought from one of the Authorized Profoto Resellers (APR).
In the event of a repair or faulty unit, please provide the proof of purchase to your local dealer so that we can make arrangements to have the equipment sent to us.
HD Global Trading does not cover grey imports, and any warrantee related issues must be dealt with by the reseller who sold the goods. We will however repair any Profoto product and gladly provide a free quote for your consideration.
The following exclusions and stipulations are made for all warrantee repairs:
- All Glass components like Flash Tubes, Modeling Lights and Glass Covers are not covered under the standard two-year warrantee. These parts are deemed to be consumables and a replacement cost quote will be provided in the event of damage or parts being broken.
- Any form of impact damage, water damage or negligence is not covered. Upon receiving your broken equipment our senior technician will inspect the goods for signs of the above. If any of the above mentioned examples are found, you will be notified before any repair will commence. A quote for the damaged parts will be provided that will be valid for 7 days.
- Rental companies will receive a 6-month warrantee on any locally purchased Profoto equipment. The standard 2- year warrantee does not apply.
- All shipping cost to and from the repair center will be for the clients account. HD Global can arrange collection and drop- off to your local dealer, but please note that this will be invoiced for.
- All products must be registered with HD Global’s repair department for warrantee repairs within 1 month of purchase. Please Contact Us for details on how to go about registering your equipment
- A standard 5 to 10 workday turnaround time is applicable for any repair unless otherwise specified by the repair department.
- HD Global will require a 50% deposit on all repairs exceeding R 5000. All repairs must be paid in full before collection.
- Repairs not collected within 2 months of completion will be sold to recover cost.
Non- Profoto Flashes
- HD Global repairs all major makes of Studio Flash. Please give us a call to find out more.
Please register your new Profoto product with us to optimize your service and warrantee experience.
We will update you with all new Firmware updates and any service related issues you need to be aware of. Registered products/clients will also receive preferential service rates for out of warrantee products.
Use the CONTACT page to register your Profoto product and include the following information:
- Client name
- Contact number
- Email address
- List of Profoto products purchased with serial numbers
- Name of the dealer where you purchased the goods
- Dealer invoice number and date of purchase
For any direct queries regarding Customer Care please contact:
Duncan Frew – Director